Sunday, September 18, 2011

Firsts and Lasts

Recently, Jeff was talking to a co-worker who has a baby a few months older than Julia. They both swapped stories about their babies, but one thing that hit home with Jeff was when the co-worker talked about "lasts". She said "So many times we focus on firsts, first smile, first food, first steps, that we often forget to notice the lasts, last time she slept in your room, last time she fit in a newborn outfit, last day in an infant carrier." As Jeff was telling me about their conversation I realized that I had pictures from her first and last day in her bouncy seat. It actually brought a tear to my eye! (I'm such a sap.) I'm sure there will be many firsts and lasts to come. I hope we appreciate both.
Snoozin' in the bouncy seat.
Yes, there is a baby in there! 
I looked over and there she was SITTING up in her bouncy seat! Ahhh!
"Hi Mommy! It's probably not safe for me to sit in here anymore!"

No comments:

Post a Comment